As the Cali sun is in full bloom it’s time to get my closet ready for the sunny days and cool nights approaching. As always it’s Tuesday which means 10% off at Piperlime (use code: TUESDAY at checkout). Here are my obsessions this season!
My pregnancy has been no ride in the park.. But what it sure has been is beautiful!
At 25 weeks I’m starting to slow down while the reality is speeding up. Crap, is that even possible!!? I swear each day it gets more real and each inch gets more tight. It’s setting in that my little man will be here sooner than I know it and I haven’t got one gosh darn thing done. As a first time mom, I’m grappling with the fact that there is a lot that I won’t plan for (of coarse that just bothers my type A personality to the core), a lot I WILL forget and a lot I won’t realize I missed or even needed until the little monkey is in my arms. But after countless hours of research and many talks with other mommies out there, I have finally made my preparation list. So in the next few weeks these are the things I will focus on before my boy gets here!! (Aaahhh the countdown is approaching!!)
- Make a baby registry. As we all know my blog steamed from my quarter life brokenness soooo with a new addition coming, I will need all the help I can. I’ve been told to not leave anything out and put it ALL down ’cause people are willing and actually want to help new parents!! SCORE, works for me! Some places to start are:
- Babies R Us
- Buy Buy Baby
- BabyList (http://babylistregistry.com/view)-let’s you put things from Etsy, amazon and Buy Buy Baby, vertically any store onto one registry.
- Myregisty.com- also let’s you can combine multiple stores into one.
- Buy a crib. Yes, I live in a one bedroom with myself, my boyfriend and his 4 year old son. Yes, we plan on living there for another year. SOOOOOOO, adding a baby crib to our already packed situation is going to be tough, seeing as I am an organizational, neat freak. But it’s necessary! Room upgrade here we come!
- Cardinal rule #1- CAR SEAT- you need one to take the baby home!!
- Attend a childbirth preparation class. Because being scared s***less really isn’t going to go over well when the time comes so I’d much rather be somewhat prepared on what’s to be expected. (You can find out more about classes through your doctor, which is the cheapest way, or any of your local birth centers.)
- To breast feed or not to breast feed. Despite what some mothers may tell you or what you hear in the media, breast feeding is, yes good for your baby, however a personal choice! You have every right to say no to breast feeding if it is not for you. The only and best way to know is by, a) educating yourself and b) preparing. But above and beyond anything just read up on all the facts and make the choice the best suites YOU!
- Take lots of photos of my belly!! ‘Cause it’s a one in a million experience!
Please help me in welcoming my best friends new twin babies! I am soo happy for him and cannot wait to meet these little buggies. WELCOME TO FATHERHOOD! Seeing these precious beings has really put my own pregnancy into perspective. As it get’s closer to the time when I will get to hold my own little guy, it’s really starting to get more stressful, scary and most of all exciting.
So the whether out here in Cali has definitively been the envy of the country with it’s non-winter sun rays. But I absolutely will not complain. Instead I wanted to share some yummy drink recipes I have recently fell in love with. SO easy, SO healthy (well the non-alcoholic versions at least) and of coarse SO DELICIOUS!
Apricot Mint Julep
2 ripe fresh apricots
1 tsp line juice
1/2 packet sweetener
1 mint leaf
(**For alcoholic version add Bourbon)
Directions: Peel, pit and slice apricots. Puree in food processor or blender with lime juice, sugar substitute and 1 mint leaf. Add 2 ice cubes or crushed ice and process/blend. Garnish with mint leaf for eye appeal.
Banana So Shy
1 cup cranberry juice
1 cup orange juice
(**For alcoholic version add Vodka)
Directions: Puree/blend equal parts cranberry and orange juice with 1/2 banana (more to taste). Add 4 ice cubes or crushed ice to desired texture.
Blackberry Mint Bisque
4 cups blackberries
1/2 cup raspberry lemonade
1.5 cup plain non-fat yogurt
(**For alcoholic version add gin)
Directions: Puree/blend blackberries and lemonade. Pour fruit mixture into a medium saucepan and heat on low for about 5 minutes to blend flavors. Remove soup from burner and whisk in yogurt. Chill and top with fresh mint for garnish.